Monday, January 4, 2010

FASTING

I fasted yesterday for the first time in a long time. I think I had lost my testimony of what a fast is and the power it yields. So I decided to put it to the test. I knelt Saturday evening and prayed with real intent to feel my Heavenly Father's love for me. I feel like I have drifted away and lost that constant companion of the Holy Ghost, which in turn makes it hard for me to ever feel of His love. I miss that feeling of never being alone....hence the fast.
Throughout that night and Sunday morning, I tried and tried to feel the Spirit. It just wasn't there. I knew the things I heard in church were true...but I wanted the Spirit to touch me in my heart so I could FEEL it.
I got discouraged. Perhaps I didn't fast in the right way. Or had my Father completely withdrawn from me?
It came time to close my fast, so I again knelt in prayer and asked Heavenly Father to accept my fast. I was IMMEDIATELY overwhelmed with His love! I know that he accepted my fast and answered my prayer. I am grateful for that regained testimony of fasting. I am grateful to know that He will listen to simple me. I know He loves me. I know I am His daughter. I know He rejoices when His children come to Him in humility.

No comments: