Tuesday, April 8, 2008

PROPHET OF GOD


I felt so blessed this past weekend in participating in General Conference and especially the Solemn Assembly. I don't recall the experience so many years ago when we sustained President Hinckley. I prayed that I might know that President Monson was our prophet called today, and as I watched the different quorums stand to sustain him, and as I saw his face seem bright with the Spirit and perhaps also heavy with a weight of responsibility, and even more still as I stood with my family surrounding me in sustaining vote, I felt a warmth and a tingling sensation wash over me bringing me peace and assurance that this man is called of God as our prophet, seer, and revelator and President of our church today. I felt confident and sure that my sustaining vote for him was just as true and important as my faith in Heavenly Father and the Savior.

I am so grateful to know that we have a living prophet today. I am so grateful to know that my Father in Heaven is, and not just was...that He speaks to us today as in days of old. That He will not leave us alone. I am grateful for the words of a living prophet to guide us in these days of hardship and seemingly endless suffering with trials abounding all around us. It brings me comfort to know that he will reveal to us what the Lord would have us do today to bring us peace and direction in our lives. I have a testimony of President Thomas S. Monson and am so grateful to Heavenly Father for bestowing that gift upon me this weekend and even now as I write.

No comments: