Monday, April 7, 2008

PURPOSE

My purpose and direction with this site is strictly for the bearing of my testimony and sharing my thoughts and feelings about the church and gospel principles. Every day I feel my Savior's love and need a place to express my love and devotion in return. This site will be used mainly as a spiritual journal for me and so is mostly for my own benefit and for that of my family. My hope is that my testimony will grow and perhaps others will too.
Music will play an important part on the site. I chose not to have words being sung so that the music will be a quiet reminder in the background of what a testimony is and how it makes me feel. I am so grateful for beautiful hymns. When I feel lost or alone, or just need a pick-me-up, I know that a hymn will set my heart at ease and will draw me near unto the Savior like little else can.

One of the songs that will be playing on this site is the hymn "Testimony." Here are the words to that hymn:

The witness of the Holy Ghost,
As borne by those who know,
Has lifted me again to thee,
O Father of my soul.

I know that thou art in the heav'n.
I know the Savior reigns.
I know a prophet speaks to us
For our eternal gain.

My eyes are wet; my heart is full.
The spirit speaks today.
O Lord, wilt thou my life renew
And in my bosom stay.

As testimony fills my heart,
It dulls the pain of days.
For one brief moment, heaven's view
Appears before my gaze.

No comments: